Rochester Hills Invisalign®
Clear Your Way to a Straighter Smile
Find Invisalign treatment at Barclay Dental, we offer a full range of dental services — including Invisalign — to children, teens, and adults at our office in Rochester Hills, MI.
What Is Invisalign®?
Dr. Meri and Dr. Salem believe that a straighter smile is a healthier smile. They also understand that you might not love the thought of wearing metal braces for a long time to straighten your teeth.
That’s why, at Barclay Dental, we offer a full range of dental services — including Invisalign — to children, teens, and adults at our office in Rochester Hills, MI. With Invisalign, you get a nearly invisible way to quickly straighten your smile without wearing metal.
Invisalign® treatment uses a series of customized aligning trays to gently nudge your teeth into a straighter smile. These plastic aligners are smooth, comfortable, and virtually invisible — and you can remove them for eating, drinking, brushing your teeth, flossing, and even special occasions.
Every few weeks, Dr. Meri and Dr. Salem will check the progress of your teeth and change out your set of aligners to fit your teeth’s new alignment while also continuing your progress to a straighter smile.
How Does Invisalign Work at Barclay Dental?
First, you’ll sit down with Dr. Meri or Dr. Salem to review your dental history, assess the current state of your teeth, and listen to your goals. We’ll also discuss your budget to make sure your treatment meets your financial needs.
If Dr. Meri or Dr. Salem determine that Invisalign’s clear, removable aligners are the best solution for your smile goals, we’ll devise an initial treatment plan.
To create your customized aligning trays, we’ll take 3-D digital images of your entire jaw, which will allow Dr. Meri or Dr. Salem to view your teeth and jaw from different angles, as well as move specific teeth around on the screen to show you how Invisalign clear aligners can help you get the smile you desire.
Once your treatment plan is finalized, your first customized set of aligners will be made. While your unique needs will determine the number of aligner trays you’ll require, full treatment typically takes 20 – 29 sets per arch.
What Problems Can Invisalign Correct?
Like traditional metal braces, Invisalign straightens your teeth by addressing the following issues:
- Overcrowding: When your teeth have too little space to align normally, overcrowding can occur, causing tooth decay and increasing the likelihood of gum disease.
- Excessive gaps: If you have missing teeth or your jaw continues to grow abnormally, large gaps can form between your teeth, which can cause bite and other alignment problems.
- Crossbite: A crossbite — when some or all of your upper teeth bite inside your lower teeth — causes uneven wear and can lead to bone erosion and gum disease.
- Overbite: When you have an overbite, your upper teeth completely cover your lower teeth when biting, which can lead to jaw pain and TMJ.
- Underbite: When you have an underbite, your lower teeth completely cover the upper teeth. Like an overbite, this dental problem can lead to jaw pain and TMJ.
One advantage to using Invisalign, instead of traditional metal braces, to correct these common dental problems is these removable aligners are so clear that most people won’t notice your treatment.
What Are the Advantages of Invisalign Treatment?
You have many options to perfect the alignment of your teeth, including Invisalign, traditional braces, and dental veneers. Each of these options has its advantages, and you’ll need to consider a number of factors when deciding which option will work best for you.
Invisalign offers the following benefits over traditional braces:
- They’re nearly invisible. Unlike traditional braces, most people won’t even notice you’re correcting your smile with Invisalign clear aligners.
- They’re fully removable. You can also remove your Invisalign clear aligners when eating, drinking, taking care of your dental hygiene, or during a special occasion — such as taking senior pictures or giving an important speech.
- They typically provide identical results. Unless your bite issues are particularly severe, Invisalign can treat the same issues as traditional metal braces.
Compared to veneers, Invisalign actually straightens your teeth and promotes long-term dental health, whereas veneers are thin covers that are affixed to damaged or crooked teeth and that you may need to replace in 20 years.
Invisalign is usually cheaper than veneers, and your results with Invisalign will typically last longer, so long as your wear your retainer according to Dr. Meri’s or Dr. Salem’s instructions.
What Should You Consider When Wearing Invisalign Trays?
It helps to manage your expectations anytime you’re considering long-term dental treatment. With Invisalign, you may need several weeks to get used to wearing your clear aligner trays. The trays should be worn consistently, even while sleeping, for 20 – 22 hours a day.
You’ll need to remove your trays when eating and drinking, as food can become trapped between the tray and teeth, resulting in tooth decay. But you’ll also need to remember to put your aligners back in after meals and when you’re done brushing and flossing.
While Invisalign does require a little more discipline and awareness than traditional braces, you’ll likely be able to see progress between appointments, which should give you the motivation you need to complete your treatment and enjoy your healthy, brand new smile.
Talk to Us About Invisalign
Invisalign has revolutionized orthodontics and is a great option for those who want comfortable, effective treatment. Schedule your free consultation with Dr. Meri and Dr. Salem at our Rochester Hills office to learn if Invisalign is the best fit for your teeth, bite, and lifestyle.