Rochester Hills & Shelby Township
Build a Healthy Smile That Lasts
If you’re tired of hiding your missing teeth, worrying about your damaged teeth that need to be replaced, or struggling with uncomfortable dentures, then dental implants at Barclay Dental might be the perfect solution for you.
Unlike bridges and dentures, which don’t always fit comfortably or securely, dental implants are a permanent and secure way to replace your teeth and build a long-lasting, healthy smile.
The Permanent Solution for Missing Teeth
Dental implants are revolutionary replacements for missing teeth that mimic the look, feel, and function of your natural teeth.
Implants are made up of three main parts:
The implant post is a small titanium screw that is surgically placed into your jawbone. This post acts as the artificial tooth root and provides a stable foundation for your restoration.
The restoration is the visible part of the dental implant that resembles a natural tooth. It can be a single dental crown for individual tooth replacement or a bridge or denture for multiple missing teeth.
The abutment attaches to the implant post and protrudes above your gumline. This connector serves as the support for your dental crown or other prosthetic restoration.
How Dental Implants Work
At Barclay Dental, we attach your dental implants to your bone using biocompatible titanium — which means you can eat whatever you want without worrying about restrictions.
Here’s what that process typically looks like:
1. Customizing Your Treatment Plan
During your first consultation, Dr. Meri and Dr. Salem will carefully evaluate your oral health, discuss your goals, and determine if dental implants are the right solution for you.
Our experienced team of dental professionals will take X-rays, scans, and impressions to create a customized treatment plan that suits your needs.
3. Healing & Osseointegration
After the implant placement, a healing period of several months is required to allow the implant to integrate with your jawbone fully. During this time, Dr. Meri or Dr. Salem may provide a temporary restoration — or artificial tooth — to maintain the look and functionality of your smile and bite.
4. Attaching Your Abutment
Once the implant has successfully integrated, the abutment is attached to the implant post. Dr. Meri or Dr. Salem will then take precise impressions to create your restoration — a custom-made dental crown, bridge, or denture that matches your natural teeth in shape, size, and color.
Eventually, the abutment will connect your restoration to the implant post.
5. Connecting Your Restoration
At this stage, Dr. Meri or Dr. Salem will securely attach the final restoration to the abutment, completing the dental implant process. The result is a durable, natural-looking tooth replacement that blends seamlessly with your existing teeth.
The Advantages of Dental Implants
In addition to being comfortable and secure, dental implants also have many other benefits. They can help prevent bone loss and damage to your other teeth, which means you'll need fewer replacements or follow-up procedures.
Let’s look at the benefits of dental implants in a little more detail:
- Looks great: Dental implants provide a remarkably lifelike appearance, closely resembling your natural teeth. With their ability to integrate with the jawbone, they offer a seamless, natural-looking smile that boosts your self-confidence.
- Better working: Unlike removable dentures, dental implants allow you to enjoy the full function of your teeth. They provide stability and strength, allowing you to bite, chew, and speak with ease.
- Long-term solution: With proper care and maintenance, dental implants have an impressive lifespan. They’re designed to be a permanent tooth replacement option, offering a durable solution that can last a lifetime.
- Healthy jawbone: When a tooth is lost, the jawbone in that area can begin to deteriorate over time. Dental implants help preserve the jawbone by stimulating bone growth and preventing bone loss. This contributes to maintaining facial structure and overall oral health.
- Comfort and convenience: Dental implants eliminate the discomfort and inconvenience often associated with removable dentures. They become a permanent part of your mouth, eliminating the need for messy adhesives or worrying about denture slippage.
- Speak better: Missing teeth can affect your ability to speak clearly and confidently. Dental implants restore your natural speech patterns, allowing you to communicate without hesitation or concerns about pronunciation.
How Long Will Your Dental Implants Last?
With proper care, your implants will last a lifetime. In fact, most patients who have received dental implants over the past 20 years in the United States are happy with their choice and report that their implants still feel great and work perfectly.
Not only do dental implants improve your dental health, but they also look and feel better, which can greatly enhance your quality of life.
Implants Vs. Dentures
When it comes to replacing your missing teeth, there are a few things to consider. You need to think about your oral health, what you like, and how much money you have. Here are two options to think about when thinking about dental implants from Barclay Dental.
If your mouth is healthy and your jawbone is strong enough, dental implants can give you a permanent, natural-looking replacement. They work really well, but they can take a while to put in and they cost more money.
If your mouth isn't as healthy or your jawbone isn't strong enough, you might want to try dentures instead. They aren't as good as dental implants, but they are a good option if you can't get implants.
Talk to Us About Dental Implants
To find the best option for you, schedule a consultation with our experienced dentists, Dr. Meri and Dr. Salem. They’ll evaluate your specific needs, discuss your goals and preferences, and provide professional guidance to help you make an informed decision.
Don't let missing teeth hold you back from smiling confidently and enjoying life to the fullest. Experience the life-changing benefits of dental implants at Barclay Dental.
With Dr. Meri, Dr. Salem, and our skilled team of dental experts, you can trust that your implant journey will be personalized, comfortable, and rewarding. So take the first step toward a restored and radiant smile by scheduling a consultation today. Barclay Dental is here to help you regain your confidence and transform your oral health.